What is Cloud Computing?
"An approach to computing that’s about internet scale and connecting to a variety of devices and endpoints"
Why Customers are Embracing The Cloud
- Predictable & Pay per Use Subscriptions
- Energy Efficiency
- Latest Versions with No Server Upgrades
- Choice, Flexibility, & Resource Agility
- Up and Running Quickly
Gartner, Gartner Highlights Key Predictions for IT Organizations and Users in 2010 and Beyond, January, 2010
Advantages of Cloud Computing
One of the main advantages of Cloud Computing is it allows you to dynamically scale your business, without incurring exponentially increasing infrastructure and overhead. You can have confidence that as your business grows, your underlying technology will grow with it, seamlessly.
The Cloud Computing architecture is "Horizontally Scalable". This, essentially, means it is very easy to add increased capacity (when you have a large increase employees or clients who need to access computing resources, for example) with very little inconvenience to your work flow, or additional cost.
Besides the savings on brand new servers to replace old ones, and increased software licensing costs, there are also hidden savings. With cloud computing, the way in which your employees work does not change when new “nodes” are added. So training costs for new business processes, and installation time costs are eliminated.
- Reduced licensing costs
- Improved security due to centralization of data
- Lower electrical, maintenance, and facility costs
- Offloaded responsibility from internal IT department to cloud computing services provider
- Cost savings with hosted computing services for companies with low graphic requirements
- Access to your applications anytime and from anywhere in the world with an internet connection
To read more about Cloud Computing please follow this link: Cloud Computing
Have questions about how we can painlessly, and affordably provide IT support for you?